Friday, November 17, 2017

PANDA NEWS:

This week was National Education Week.  We celebrated what we were thankful for at school.

As you know our Family Breakfast is Tuesday, November 22nd.  It will start at 8:00.  We will finish with reciting a poem at 8:25.  I hope all will be able to join us. I hope all of you have a restful and happy Thanksgiving. 

I am having trouble with the Flickr account.  It seems that my up loaded pictures are not showing up.  I am working on this problem so stay tuned!!!

Language Arts:  

We have been working on the word I and reviewing the other words we have learned.  The Pandas practiced diagonal lines in handwriting.  We worked on the letters X, Y & Z.  Please try and reinforce the correct school way of holding a writing tool and forming letters and numbers.  I am trying to break  some bad habits.  If they can learn proper formation now  it will help with the fluency going forward. We also wrote our own version of  I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Pie.  




Art:  

The classroom is looking very festive with all the Thanksgiving art work we have been creating!

Book of the Week:  I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Pie
Song of the Week:  "Turkey, Turkey" (tune of Twinkle, Twinkle)



Upcoming Events:

Handwriting Letters:  C, O, & Q
Phonics Letters: m & n
Word of the Week: and
Book Fair: 11/27-11/30
Thanksgiving Break:  11/22-11/24
Family Breakfast: 11/20 @ 8:00-8:25 (Panda Classroom)
Gingerbread Decorating:  12/21 @ 2:00 more info to follow
Winter Vacation: 12/25-1/1/16

No comments:

Post a Comment